Saturday, April 6, 2013

Back to the Blogstone

I've been absent for, well, almost 4 years. Time to get it going again. This blog will be a little different. I've been doing a lot of "research" lately (mostly Pinterest searching and fashion blog reading) and discovered that I can recreate the beautiful outfits I find very cheaply - and if not already, make them more modest and appealing not only for the workplace but for church. So I'm going to start posting my bargains (mostly from Goodwill) and outfit recreations. The start of these posts will not be as good quality pictures as I plan to have later. Most of the pictures I have taken have been in our bedroom where the lighting is horrible but the original purpose of the photos were to show my husband what I'm doing with all the clothes I bring home from my trips to Goodwill. So I hope to move my full length mirror to an area with better lighting. But for now, I hope you'll get the gist of what I'm trying to accomplish.

This first outfit inspiration I found on Pinterest. Right off the bat I loved it. There were two immediate problems with the outfit, however. 1) Shorts - immodest and inappropriate for work 2) I didn't have a black jacket anymore. I pinned it anyhow for future reference.

Last month, I made my way to Goodwill on the first Saturday of the month. (If you've never been, I'm warning you, it's utter chaos! But totally worth it.) I got a ton of great deals including 3 brand new shirts (tags still on) from Target. But the best deal of the day was, you guessed it, a black jacket. Jones Wear, tags on. Original Price $86 marked down to $41. I paid $3. Whoop! Now I had a black jacket! Time to try out that inspiration outfit!

Black blazer - Goodwill
White shirt - Old Navy
Khaki Skirt - JC Penney
Leopard print scarf - Walmart

No comments: